Main Menu

Riddles

Started by Raven, February 27, 2016, 08:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coír Draoi Ceítien

No, but is a special type of person, and this drink does boil - metaphorically - in certain instances.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

Gar!
A vampire. Blood is the drink. Your hints were very good.
Here's another for you:

My life can be measured in hours,
I serve by being devoured.
Thin, I am quick
Fat, I am slow
Wind is my foe.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'm stumped. I want to say "a fly," but it doesn't match up. I have a feeling that it's not a living thing like an animal. It's probably some type of object or concept.

Raven

You're correct. It is an inanimate object. If only you could shed light on the subject . . .
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Raven

A sundial works by light, but would get no help from the light of this.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Raven

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Okay then.

I make you weak at the worst of all times. I keep you safe, I keep you fine. I make your hands sweat, and your heart grow cold, I visit the weak, but seldom the bold. What am I?

Raven

Fear or cowardice?

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Raven

Reaching stiffly for the sky,
I bare my fingers when it's cold
In warmth I wear an emerald glove
And in between I dress in gold.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

A tree.

Who makes it, has no need of it.
Who buys it, has no use for it.
Who uses it can neither see nor feel it.
What is it?

Raven

Tom solved this one for me. A coffin.

I'll post a follow up riddle tomorrow I hope.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

As in Tom ******* [Edited for last name: he who was known as Sgread]? Does he have any social media contacts? If he has the time, it would be great if he could pop in occasionally.