Main Menu

Riddles

Started by Raven, February 27, 2016, 08:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

The very man, himself. Sgread as he has been known. I've encouraged him to stop by here -- hopefully he will. He has Facebook though I think if you'd like to try to catch up with him.

Here's the next riddle.

I can travel all over the world, but I always stay in my corner. What am I?
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Funny thing is I saw this while looking for my own riddle...and now I've forgotten it. I know the corner is metaphorical. I have this feeling like it's a place...

I think I got it: Australia.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

It's not Australia,
although it can go there.
It's not a place,
though you'll find it in one.
Deliver me the answer,
And carry to me the message.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

A stamp.

How about this?

I have wood but no bark,
leaves that don't fall,
I am made up of branches,
and I come in sizes of all.
I am completely devoured many times,
over and over by a worm of a kind.
If you desire to know the answer of mine,
look for the secret that I've stored inside.
What am I?

Raven

A book. Leaves are pages, maybe wood for the paper, a bookworm is the worm. Am I right?
I don't get the secret inside, though.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Sort of. But books don't have branches. They can be found on branches, of course. And once you take them, they're yours...for a price.

Raven

You're killing me with this one.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Where do bookworms go to feast? Keep in mind that they don't intend to merely rent their meals...

Raven

A library?
But what is the secret inside business?

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Library "meals" are intended to be returned. These...well, you get what you pay for.

As for the secret inside......I don't know, I didn't write it. Yeah, that may be a fatal flaw in it.

Raven

A bookstore?

I have a fear that I keep barking up the wrong tree, but I think I've got it now. . .

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Raven

Someone by the moniker of Dimers posted this somewhere on the net. I'll repost it here for our riddle.

Lives in winter, dies in summer, grows with its root upwards.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'll admit that I'm stumped. I doubt that it's actually a plant, and mountain roots don't go upward. I think I need some hints.

NOTE: I've been fine. I just didn't feel the pressing need to post anything at the time.

Raven

I'm cousin to the teeth of caves,
and kindred to the ocean waves.