Main Menu

MASTERS OF FANTASY: An Introduction

Started by Coír Draoi Ceítien, November 11, 2017, 04:03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Masters of Fantasy: An Introduction

When Raven first set up Lost Pathway, there was a section that covered fantasy authors, and it seemed as if it was going to get expanded upon. For one reason or another, it didn't get very far. Now that the site has been revamped, I feel that it's time to put that back into motion. I have already started a thread in the forum, but now that this blog is running, I think I'm going to move those entries over here, both to put some ease on the forum and because it's better suited for blog entries.

These are the authors who I feel have made significant contributions to the fantasy genre - they have produced outstanding works that have stood the test of time and have set the standards for brilliance (think TCM's "The Essentials"). Now I must clarify that I have not read all these authors, unfortunately, but much of my knowledge has been culled from popular compilations from fans and professionals, as well as various books and websites that focus on the genre. Think of this as a starting point for those who want to explore, as well as a narrowing down in an overwhelming market. Anyone is free to comment and/or share any experience you've had with these authors; feel free to recommend some of your own in case you feel that I've missed any.

I'd also like to point out that I view this as a continual work in progress, so if anything seems underdeveloped, it could be subject to change. I hope to make this as thorough as an under-amateur "researcher" can make it.

Onward!
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.