Main Menu

Reddit Topic: Keeping Up with the Classics

Started by Coír Draoi Ceítien, November 16, 2017, 05:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Here's an interesting topic I found on Reddit, one that's pretty well related to my ongoing Masters of Fantasy series.

Actually, it's not so much a topic as it is an ongoing project in itself, like a book club. It appears that, every month, certain books are nominated to be discussed as a "book-of-the-month" reading/discussion exercise. A select few are chosen, then those few are voted upon; the winner becomes the topic of discussion. It looks like it's only started this year, unless I'm mistaken. For those with Reddit accounts, perhaps this is something to join in if you want to catch up on the classics.

Personally, I'm too slow a reader to participate, but I might do something similar on the blog or here in the forum, as a matter of taking my Masters of Fantasy into more depth than what I initially write. Maybe I'll focus on a certain book and set it up for discussion, or I'll highlight a specific author that can be talked about in broad strokes. Anyway, it's something to think about.

Here's a searchlist of everything that's been posted on the topic before.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/search?q=keeping+up+with+the+classics&restrict_sr=on
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

It might be a good idea (especially if we garner a few more participants), but it will be a few months before I could try to keep up with reading on that scale.
This forum has already given me quite a few resources for reading materials!
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.