Main Menu

Favorite Music

Started by Coír Draoi Ceítien, December 01, 2017, 06:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I made a topic some time last year when the site began - "Music Collection" - that was asking what anyone had been listening to lately. Well, rather than bump it up, I thought I would try something related to my "Favorite Authors" topic and make this a place where you can list and appraise the music that you most enjoy to listen to. What are some of your favorite bands or solo artists? What gets your juices flowing? Is there any type of music that helps when you read or write or work? Do you have any limitations on genre or do you really just try out everything? What do you look for when you try to find a favorite? What's your definition of good music?

You don't necessarily have to answer all of those questions. They're just suggestions to get the discussion going. Don't be afraid - honesty is great! Say whatever you want (within reason). Sure, we may not always agree, and some of it may have content that other people find objectionable, but that's just more stuff to discuss!

So what do you think?
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

I don't typically listen to music when I write or work, but if I do I prefer it to be instrumental as lyrics distract me from what I'm working on.

I listen mostly to traditional and contemporary folk music, with some world type music thrown in. I don't really listen to just anything. My tastes are for the above styles, really. Fiddle music is a particular interest of mine, but folk and world in general as well.

I don't think that my tastes are somehow better or worse than anyone else's; it's just what I like.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.