Main Menu

The Lying Challenge

Started by Raven, June 22, 2016, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Okay, here are the rules.
You have to make three statements.
One of them has to be a lie.
Then we guess which one. Each person gets one guess.

I'll kick it off.

I have stabbed someone with a sword.
I have ridden an elephant.
I have driven a convertible car.

What's the lie?
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'm gonna say....you haven't stabbed anyone with a sword. I was going to say "ridden an elephant," but I believe I rode one once, so it's not impossible. It was just so long ago that it's quite vague.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

Wrong. I accidentally stabbed old lost pathway villager Jhae in the knee while filming a fight sequence at night in the rain. Fortunately it was a stab with a sword directly to the kneecap, which stopped the blade.
I have ridden an elephant (at the circus) but I have never driven a convertible.

Alright, give us three items on you, one lie.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I have won and lost love.
I have been nearly crushed by a car.
I have walked a mile or near to it.

Raven

Hmm. A challenge.

First, you say "I have won and lost love." This is entirely possible. I think you're single at the moment (unless word has not reached me; I may have to send some crows to spy on you), so that would fit.
Then, you said, "I have been nearly crushed by a car." This is also possible -- it could happen to anyone.
Then you say "I have walked a mile or near to it." This could mean that you've walked a mile or near to it at one time. But that is not specifically said. Even someone who just goes to and from the couch to the bathroom will have walked a mile or near to it before long, in the entirety of their like. Taken strictly, this one must almost certainly be true. Remembering our childhood, I could imagine we played and covered a mile or more in that capacity in the woods and yards.

Which leaves me with the love statement and the car statement. The love statement has an air of tragedy to it, which makes me want to say that it is true. Then again, the car one is so entirely probable that it is hard to call it a lie offhand.

I say that you have not nearly been crushed by a car.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Unfortunately, I have nearly been crushed - on my bike. I rode behind a car not thinking it was pulling out, and I went over; thankfully, the driver noticed before I went under.

As for the mile thing.....I remember I actually once tried to walk home to 25th St, in the South Park area, from SC4. It ended up being useless as I took a bus back up to SC4 when it got too close to a class time.

So it's a lie that I have won and lost love. I've never even attempted it. Which, given my current situation in life, is rather pathetic.

And here I thought I wasn't a good liar.

Raven

Not pathetic, my friend. Worry not.
One of the first steps to loving others is learning to love yourself through Jesus Christ's own love for you.

My next three statements:

I have stood atop a moving horse.
I have flown in the cockpit of a plane.
I have petted a crocodile.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'm gonna say you haven't flown in the cockpit of a plane.
It's possible that you may have gotten close to a crocodile once and it was tame enough, and I wouldn't put it past you to stand on a moving horse.

Raven

I have a friend who is a pilot and has a small plane and I have flown with him a few times in the cockpit.
I have stood upon a moving horse.
I have never petted a crocodile.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I have stood before monuments to the land's most esteemed leaders.
I have ridden a roller coaster at least once.
I have struggled with my own dark self.

Raven

Okay. . .

We have all hopefully struggled with our own dark selves. We're all born fallen, and only through Christ are delivered. Even then, we fight against the flesh, even though the victory is ours in Christ.  What is dangerous is when we don't struggle against darkness and instead give in.
And Link had to face shadow link in Zelda . . .
So yes, you've struggled with your own dark self.

What is not as clear is your relationship to roller coaster and monuments. If you had said "Mount Rushmore" or something specific it would be easier to discount the monuments thing. But there are a lot of monuments.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have ridden a rollercoaster but never stood before monuments to the land's most esteemed leaders. . .

Coír Draoi Ceítien

No, never been on a roller coaster. Didn't feel I could handle it.

However, via high school senior trip, I've been to Washington D.C. and seen most of the major sites, statues and such.

Raven

I've caught a snake in my kitchen
A mouse has put its paws on my head while I slept
I babysat a ferret.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

As cute as it sounds, I'm gonna say a mouse never put its paws on your head while you slept.

Raven

No sir, I lived in a cabin, called "the shack" by those who knew it, in a cove of a mountain for a while and I both caught a snake in the kitchen and had a mouse put its front paws on top of my bald head at night, waking me up and causing me a good start.

I've never babysat a ferret.