Main Menu

The Lost Pathway?

Started by Raven, February 25, 2016, 03:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is there any place or desire in this huge, connected world for small websites?

Even more.
1 (50%)
Hard to say
1 (50%)
None at all. It's all social media or just disconnecting now.
0 (0%)
Who goes to websites anymore?
0 (0%)
Who uses forums anymore?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Raven

Some people may remember the old Lost Pathway. I let it slip for a while. It used to be a fun little community of writers and chatters. Do those exist anymore outside of social media?
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I think it depends on several factors, some which I probably don't know of. An attractive design/user-friendly layout and some good word of mouth may be part of it, but that's really just guessing on my part.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

Hey Justin,

Feel free to help in the word of mouth department if you like. Always welcome that.  Glad you chose to stop by. Feel like kicking off any topics of discussion for us?

Trae
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I might have a couple things. Some thoughts I've been toying with for quite some time, imagining what they'd be like on this forum, but I might need some more audience for that, so I may hold off on them. But I can still start small with some other topics.

In the meantime, I'll get the word out on Facebook - it might turn some very old heads (no disrespect meant towards them).

Raven

You may want to explain a little on Facebook how to get to the forum or navigate the site. The idea is a little unusual. You could always provide a link to the forum, too.
Maybe I should make the website entrance more obvious, but I really like the map idea and it allows for expanding the world.

You remember our old VeraLoriaVie stories?

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Do I ever, Raven Fithiach. Coír Draoi Ceítien remembers. Of Dregnot, of Cathrís Bane and Sting, of Falcon Claw and Gorthang Firefist. There's also Azarthrim, but that's separate, to my knowledge.

Raven

I was recently working on some plot lines for future VeraLoriaVie books. Unfortunately, they are at least two books down in my writing queue.