Main Menu

Lostpathway Website Developments and Ideas

Started by Raven, March 21, 2016, 01:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

So, I'm going to be rolling out some updates to the website over the next little while -- mostly graphical and functionality type things.
I figured since we've been talking about ideas for new content, etc, that I'd create a thread to see if folks had any ideas for what they'd like to see.
So come one come all, tell me what the website needs.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Raven

Alright, www.lostpathway.com beta is now in testing stages. If you go to the main lostpathway.com, go through the entrance map to the village, you'll find there are new features there including a more visually interactive map and the fact that I'm keeping people from navigating away from the main page. Kind of fun. Still lots of tweaking necessary. This will also be the way I do Justin's blog, I think. Of course everything can still be reached via separate links.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Raven

Okay, so I have decided to not go the way of jquery dialog boxes because they don't really allow me to use direct links to different portions of the website, so now I'm using individual html files with iframes. This means, for example, that you can now go directly to the windmill via http://www.lostpathway.com/windmill.html
What I hope this will do is just increase accessibility. It doesn't look quite as slick, but I figure that's okay for the sake of function.
I'll continue tweaking.

Raven

I have rolled out additional updates today:
I have updated the windmill to have more streamlining between it and the main site. I have enabled an editor mode for posts on the forum to make it easier to format text and I have also enabled user pictures. I have altered some color schemes on the main site.