Main Menu

What Are You Reading Now?

Started by Coír Draoi Ceítien, September 04, 2016, 02:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Well, I have been reading, but it has been historical fiction of a rather pulp nature -- the Richard Sharpe series. They follow a fictional soldier whose career in the British army coincides with the career of the Duke of Wellington.  There are a lot of them, they are quick reads, I certainly wouldn't call them high literature by any extent -- the main character is kind of this invincible man's man who is really attractive to women, and that's kind of ridiculous sometimes -- but as far as easy-to-read stories set in an interesting historical period, they are fun.

I read another book by Naomi Novik, A Deadly Education, and she has not let me down again. It is the third book of hers I have read and yet again an excellent read.

Other than that, I'm writing. Somewhat unplanned, I have started on a new novel. The character kind of began to take shape in my mind and I've enjoyed writing the story so far.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.