Main Menu

What animals would you be or turn into?

Started by Raven, February 07, 2017, 12:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

Pick three animals that you like or would be able to turn into if you were a shapeshifter in a fantasy world.
Tell us why you picked those.

1. The raven.
Perhaps the most intelligent bird there is, the raven has a brilliant mind, can be taught speech, is long lived, hunts with wolves, mates for life, has an incredible memory, is wary and smart, and tends to live in cold areas. God talks about ravens in the scripture. Ravens are typically black.. These are just a few of the reasons.

2. The coyote / a coy-dog-wolf
The coyote is a clever survivor.  The coy is a new breed that has developed as the coyote moved east and north, forsaking the desert for the woods and urban landscapes. The coy is so clever and wary that it survives in packs in urban areas amidst humans and is nearly impossible to eradicate. It also lives in rural areas, able to adapt to a host of situations. Most people living near a coyote never see it.

3. The black bear.
This was a hard one, but I think I'll go with the black bear. It is not really a vicious animal, but can defend itself. It likes nuts, berries, honey, tree climbing, and sleeping.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Bear

I'm not really copying Raven, but this so happens to be true:

1. The Raven.
Mostly because it is inconspicuous but can go everywhere: never hunted, always familiar, yet can travel quickly and survive in almost any climate. They are intelligent and regal in appearance, comfortable together in large groups or alone, fierce and fearless warriors (I've been divebombed by one for staring at it too long), and ready for anything. As Raven noted, they are mentioned in Scripture almost always positively (as opposed to dogs, which are almost always mentioned negatively). And they fly. Did I mention that?

2. The Cat.
Inconspicuous, common, and well-traveled like the Raven: good for getting into and out of needful places. Better at tracking land animals by scent than the Raven and better on its feet. Quiet hunters, great jumpers, and (contrary to popular opinion) usually loyal when well-treated.

3. The Phoenix.
This is a fantasy world, right? So fantasy animal. Can fly like the Raven, but faster, and unlike Cat or Raven can put up a serious fight against a formidable adversary when needed. Also, regenerates when killed. Which is amazing and highly useful.
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

Coír Draoi Ceítien

If I had to pick just one each for land, sea, and air:

1. The Owl
The great nocturnal hunters, the silent ones. Revered in the West, particularly Greece, as symbols of wisdom, as well as harbingers of death and ill-omen in both Roman and some Native American cultures.

2. The Octopus
Among the most intelligent of invertebrates, a master of camouflage, problem solving, and dexterity. Feared as the Kraken of legend in Scandinavian cultures.

3. The Wolf
One of the most skilled social animals and hunters among pack animals, as well as one of the most researched. Renown across both Eurasia and North America as a staple of most mythologies, both as a warrior symbol and a devilish figure.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

Just saw this on a news article today. It's a good example of how coyotes can survive in human inhabited areas. A coyote follows a Dr into his office. https://youtu.be/zsol-UVSUus
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.