Main Menu

HitRecord

Started by Coír Draoi Ceítien, September 19, 2017, 10:47:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Here's something that has been making some waves for a bit. It's a site started by actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his brother back in 2005 that originally began as a means of getting viewer feedback on videos but eventually evolved into a collaborative online community. There are entries of writing and re-writing, poetry, graphic design, animation, music, and much more. Basically, it's the 80,000+ members of this online community coming together and making something creative that everybody can participate in. As an extra bonus, it looks like contributors are actually paid for their work! As a community experiment, this looks creatively interesting, and I encourage you to check it out.

Here's a link to the main webpage: https://www.hitrecord.org/

For biographical information, here's the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HitRecord
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Poulter

Quote from: Raveen on October 01, 2017, 01:28:02 PM
Here's something that has been making some waves for a bit. It's a site started by actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt and his brother back in 2005 that originally began as a means of getting viewer feedback on videos but eventually evolved into a collaborative online community. 

I actually remember this from way back when it was launching. I was interested in the project but it kind of slipped off my radar. I wonder if anything interesting came out of it.

Raven

I had not heard of this before. I just perused the website, watched the intro video, glanced at one of the project pages. Overall, I agree with Poulter; it does look interesting.
I enjoy collaboration on creative projects -- like our story section. Normally my more "serious" projects I undertake alone, but I have in the past wondered about finding an illustrator for children's books, and it seems this could be a place to make something like that happen. I get the picture though that the HitRecord company would own commercial rights to any finished project -- despite paying some kind of payment to involved artists.
I think this could be really fun for some people who want to collaborate on a grand scale, especially in multimedia type work.

I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.