Main Menu

Riddles

Started by Raven, February 27, 2016, 08:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

As is your answer. . .
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I build up castles. I tear down mountains. I make some men blind, I help others to see. What am I?
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

My first reaction was "Time," but I'm not sure it quite fits. It's the best that I have so far. I tried "greed" out for size, but couldn't get it to jive with making men see.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Time it would definitely take, but it's easier when you realize that it's poor to build on it. It actually is quite greedy, particularly for quenching its own thirst at the expense of yours.

Raven

Sand. . .
But again, I don't know how it could help people to see, unless you count Jesus rubbing mud on someone's eyes. . .

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Indeed. And are not glasses made of sandstone?

Raven

I would never have gotten the glasses thing. . .
Here's one I just made up:

Upon my back the scourge of dragons,
      Beneath my hair the sound of dancing,
      And in my rushing multitudes, thunder.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Raven

Without me there is no chivalry
Tis but a code
That has been called after me
The power in my legs could shatter
The strongest warrior
And yet with a slight touch
I am led by the will of another.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

This may be silly, but...a horse?

Raven

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'm so fast you can't see me,
Though everyone sees straight through me,
I don't stop until the day you die.
What am I?

Raven

Coír Draoi Ceítien

It's as simple as breath, but it's not often noted. Needless to say, for the person doing it, everything goes dark for a moment.

Raven