Main Menu

Introduction

Started by Philosoraptor, June 07, 2016, 04:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philosoraptor

Thus spake Lost Pathway's newest member, Philosoraptor. I'm an old friend of Raven's, worked a couple summer jobs with him, and now several years later, he has (successfully) strong-armed me into joining his website. One can only protest so far. He "does not take no for an answer," so here I am. My talent lies more in answering riddles than it does in telling stories, but we will see what talents lie for ripening.

I look forward to reading and posting. I am nothing if not inconsistent, so don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. Hamlet's moon speech applies more to me than it does its traditional attribution, but we'll make a good go of it.

Hi everyone!
Vincit qui se vincit.

Raven

Hello my friend!

I figured it was worth pressuring you. Anyone who could stand to be my friend back then must be a valuable forum correspondent.

The best way to get good at telling stories is to begin! Want to begin a tale in the Hearth?
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I don't know if we're acquainted, but I welcome you nonetheless. It definitely helps - two people chatting exclusively (so it would seem) is gratifying, but discussion becomes limited, and regarding the riddles, I was worried that I was eventually going to run out of them. Now, maybe we can give just a bit more life to it.

On a side note, everyone else seems able to think of better usernames than I can. Oh well.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Philosoraptor

QuoteOn a side note, everyone else seems able to think of better usernames than I can. Oh well.
I think you win at least a few points for having name 80%+ of the world can't pronounce. Is it some weird language of the Isles like Welsh or Irish? It looks a bit like Sindarin with extra dipthongs too.
Vincit qui se vincit.

Raven

Coir Draoi Ceitien, as a name, is of VeraLoriaVien origins, given, if I recall, by Raven Fitheach to the high Mage and archivist of Dregnot, an old friend. Forgive me for it has been so long since I trod the Vien paths that I may not remember the full translation, but I believe Coir Draoi can be translated as "the kind mage" or "the just mage."
Maybe Coir would be willing to remind this old bird if he is correct or what Ceitien stood for again or if I have forgotten in the long years since the second epoch of VeraLoriaVie.

While VeraLoriaVie as a land was known to few and is remembered, perhaps, by fewer, they say some of the words have a corellation to Scottish Gaelic, as known in the world of men.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Honestly, I don't remember the exact translation. I've had it so long that I've taken it for granted, I guess.

Besides, my reply only applies to when I was using my real name as a username, since it's what I use most elsewhere.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.