Main Menu

The Lying Challenge

Started by Raven, June 22, 2016, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

I have eaten duck.
I have eaten horse.
I have eaten cricket.
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

Raven

Well, they're all possible -- you may have eaten horse in Iceland or Mongolia or some such place. . .

I have eaten duck and cricket here in the states, though, so I'm gonna say:

You haven't eaten horse!
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Bear

I have not eaten horse, it's true -- though I ate at a place that served it in Austria.

Duck I've had at a Chinese restaurant, and crickets I had for the first time several weeks ago.
Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear. Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair. Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?

Raven

Austria, eh? What took you there?
And what was the occasion for eating crickets? Stories, man!

I have a black cat.
I have a black car.
I have a black dog.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'm gonna say you don't have a black cat, because with all due respect to both yourself and the animals in general, I don't think you've ever been a really fond cat person.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Bear

I agree with Coír: you might not have a black car, but you definitely have a black dog, and you're not much of a cat person.

Bear

(As for my horse lie: I went to Austria in 1998 with family, part of a European trip. It was before they changed the currencies over to the Euro, so lots of money changing - Jesus would be displeased. My brother tried to order the horse, but my mother intervened.
The cricket I ate just a few weeks ago with some historian friends at my university. They are a wonderful, wacky bunch.
The duck was Mandarin Crispy Duck, very soft and tasty.)

Raven

http://www.lostpathway.com/cave/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/IMG_3639.jpg
Click on the link to meet Bob the Cat.
AKA
Bobbit the Hobbit
Boblin the Goblin
Bobbler the Cobbler
Bobber the Robber
Bobster the Mobster

But I tend to call him "Bobbit" a lot.

That is a graphical rendering of a photo I took of him.
Bob is a black Bombay.
Bob is a big supporter of my writing, or any activity where he can curl up on my lap.
Rescued by my wife as a kitten, he has become my adoptive kitty through marriage. He is quite intelligent.
My wife has a black car, so all things in common.
I have no dog.

I like cats, and dogs, and most animals, really, but Bob is my buddy and a great little cat.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

What a surprise.

I've found a frog holed away in my lawn.
I've found a spider nestled in my porch railing.
I've found a snake slinking through my backyard.

Bear

Color me pleasantly surprised! I also like cats very much (though dogs are ok too).

As for the non-pets... I think the snake is the lie. We have lots of frogs and spiders here, so I'm biased.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Yeah, I've never met a wild snake. I've seen a pet one and met a met a garden snake at school brought in a container, but I've never found one around where we live.