Main Menu

The Lying Challenge

Started by Raven, June 22, 2016, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

I have seen a bear in the wild.
I have seen a wolf in the wild.
I have seen a moose in the wild.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I would say, out of the three, you haven't seen a moose.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I've read a thousand books.
I've watched a thousand movies.
I've heard a thousand songs.

Raven

You haven't read a thousand books . . . .
Then again, you might have read a thousand if you include graphic novels. . .

I'll still go with the books.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Even with graphic novels, I'm sure it's less than a thousand.

Raven

I've snorkeled over a sunken ship.
I've fallen through the ice.
I've ridden a donkey.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I don't know anything about the survival rate, but I'm gonna say you haven't fallen through the ice. Seems unlikely that you'd be here if you did.

Raven

I snorkeled over a sunken ship near in some shoals near Garden Island in Lake Michigan with some friends. The water was cold, but I donned a wet suit on the boat and got in anyway because I'm fascinated by ships.

I've fallen through ice before, I think more than once, but thankfully the water was never over my head. I fell through ice atop the flood waters of the Belle River once while scouting for ice skating ice, but fortunately the water was just up to my waist or so at the deepest.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I am a spendthrift.
I am an alcoholic.
I am weak willed.

Raven

These seem to be somewhat arbitrary; you may consider yourself weak-willed or a spendthrift, whereas someone else might not.

I'm going to say that you are not an alcoholic. I think you would say that you are weak-willed about yourself, and also I think you would call yourself a spendthrift. . .

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Yeah, that's what I was going for. I've never downed more alcoholic beverages than one per occasion (and now I don't take them at all - medication problems), but I get to spending and I just go, and I can easily coax myself into doing that or other things I know better. I'm a problem child, alright.

Raven

I had to stop drinking, too, though not because of medication reasons.
We all struggle with things. What matters is if we hand them to Jesus and trust that His righteousness covers us, since we have none of our own. We have to let go of our own condemnation and shame and cling to Jesus' righteousness. As we experience His love and submit to Him, the Holy Spirit will work on bringing healing and obedience.

I am six feet tall.
I have a garden.
I have a crossbow.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'm gonna say you don't have a crossbow, unless you've bought one at some point I don't know one.

Raven

I have both a pistol crossbow (more dangerous than it looks) and an Asian recurve bow. I wouldn't want to be on the business end of either of them.
I've got a bit of garden -- tomatoes, jalapenos, bush beans, pole beans, some assortment of other plants.

I am not six feet tall. I am 5'11".