Main Menu

Emblem, Coat of Arms, Motto

Started by Raven, February 06, 2017, 11:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

So, I have recently done the design for my emblem. I know this is not a traditional heraldic design, but it isn't meant to be. This also bears the motto. You can see the photo of the acrylic and wood burning I did here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-ut5PU83SADYWF1LVZwOEc1VlE

What would your design be and what would your motto be?
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I'm a perfectionist by nature, so it's rather difficult for me to simply throw this out there for fun. For me, it would have to look exactly like the traditional design. However, I think I can play along. It just might take me a bit more time. I gotta think of a good motto and a decent symbol - stuff that would totally represent the family name. It's not so easy.

I'll mull it over for a while and get back to you on it.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

If that's what you like, you should try to go traditional. I may try to come up with a traditional one but I'm not too attached to it having to be in some later medieval heraldic code form. I just want to use it as a symbol for my family and myself. I'd like to see what you come up with, though. There are some websites that could help. I bet you there is an exhaustive book or two on heraldry as well.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.