Main Menu

The Lying Challenge

Started by Raven, June 22, 2016, 10:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I shot a target at 50 paces.
I once touched a tarantula.
I've spent $300 on a single item.
The wind blows, for good or ill, and I must follow.

Raven

I'm gonna say you haven't shot a target at 50 paces . . . My reasoning, the other things are plausible, but if you were shooting at something, the odds that you have actually counted off paces is slim.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Yeah, it's too obvious. I've never fired a projectile weapon/instrument in my life.

$300 = how I got my one sword. As for the tarantula, a kid in one of the lower grades at school (5th grade, maybe) was given a pet one, and I had the opportunity to touch it.

Raven

A sword, eh? What sword did you get/where did you get it?

Here's my next:

I have ridden a horse when it wasn't touching ground or floor or water.
I have slept upon cliffs above the Celtic Sea
I have captured an eel.
I thought I saw a unicorn on the way here, but it was just a horse with one of the horns broken off.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I showed it to you once - a katana with an ornate snake handle, purchased from the Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens.

As for your next three, you may have gone diving once and captured an eel and I don't know about it, and I think you did spend some time in Ireland which would account for the Celtic Sea. Regarding the horse, those electronic supermarket horses are technically suspended in midair.

I bet I'm wrong on this, but I'm going to go with the third one and say you haven't captured an eel.

Raven

Ah, a katana. I am not surprised you would wield a katana, though I also had forgotten.

You have guessed correctly my friend -- the first one of us to do so, I think. I hadn't thought of the grocery store horses, I just meant riding a jumping horse or a horse that gallops (since a galloping horse has a moment of suspension in air).
I have not been to Ireland, but I spent a night in a hostel on the cliffs of Cornwall a half mile or mile from the island of Tintagel, upon which rests the ruined castle, the birthplace of King Arthur, according to legend, and where can be found Merlin's Cave.
There is a stream that falls over a rock-face in front of the island of Tintagel, in low tide landing upon a beach and running down near the entrance of Merlin's Cave, where the waves of the Celtic Sea wash the shore. The tide was coming in when I knelt down with a waterbottle and collected water, pebbles, and sand where the sea and that stream met together in fresh and salt. That water and earth sit to this day in a glass bottle upon the shelf of my office. It reminds me of Cornwall, one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

Anyway, share with us your next challenge!

Coír Draoi Ceítien

That really is a great story. I love hearing stuff like that.
And you guessed right on my last set.

I have felt the touch of the serpent's coils.
I have watch a life pass before my eyes.
I have swum 4 feet beneath the waves.

Raven

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ssHZBiQNsPU/RqOqj5P-67I/AAAAAAAAAag/RWm9X-4aKdUeCgQYFhceGhGe0Vs2VyvagCCo/s640/DSC04555.JPG

That is actually a link to a picture of a younger me in Cornwall, and I believe the rock formation in the background is one side of the island of Tintagel

Anyhow,

Very possible that you've touched a snake -- you already have confessed to having touched a tarantula.
Considering the place of our upbringing, and the fact that I remember being at the beach with you on more than one occasion, I'm going to say that you have swum four feet beneath the waves.

The other statement is cryptic. "I have watch a life pass before my eyes." It could mean that you've seen someone die. It's altogether possible.

This is a hard one. I'm going to say that you haven't watched a life pass before your eyes.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Unfortunately, that one is true - the subject in question was poor old Russell. We were with him right until the end.
Our old friend Pat from church - the one with the big backyard - had quite a few animals in the house, on account of the traffic (nieces and nephews, I believe). A snake was one of them, and I remember my arm becoming a branch for a bit; Garrett's was the same, as well.
Although I've swum underwater, I've never really gone downward, having barely broken the surface. So that's the lie.

Raven

You got me.
I well remember Pat and her backyard. In fact, I have a lot of pictures and even a slideshow video that my brother made about church that has a long segment with one of Pat's pond parties and the old crew, including yourself.
Hey, do you remember snow camp?

By the by, did you receive your next story letter? See anything interesting?

I give you my next challenge:

I have visited the tree known as the largest in the world.
A bear has walked in my footsteps.
I have eaten wild game of my own hunting.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

If you mean your second letter - the rather weather-beaten one - then yes, and it's sounding good. If you mean that the third installment is out, then I haven't gotten that one yet, unfortunately. Maybe sometime this week, it'll come.
And yes, I remember snow camp.....and my subsequent desire to hunt suspected vampires. ("I"LL STAKE 'EE!")

I'm gonna say...you haven't eaten any wild game of your own hunting. A bear may have walked over the same space as you, and I wouldn't put it beyond you to have visited General Sherman (just looked it up).

Raven

You should get the third letter shortly. You may find it interesting.

Snow camp and the vampire hunt! Hah! So much fun.

You got me again. I haven't eaten game of my own hunting, despite the fact that I got my license last year.

A bear walked literally in my footprints on a snowy mountain while I was hiking. When I came back down, bear prints were atop my own prints.

And yes, I visited General Sherman. Quite a sight.

Your turn.

Coír Draoi Ceítien

I've spent the night in an RV.
I've driven over 100 miles per hour.
I once spent some time in the company of a duckling.

Raven

I do not think that you have driven over 100 miles per hour. . .

Coír Draoi Ceítien

Right. I still don't even drive.

My high school French teacher was once raising a wild duckling, and I got to spend some time with it. And I once spent the night in my aunt's RV in Algonac State Park.